Senior Software Engineer, Compiler
Monad Labs is a venture-backed startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance smart contract platform built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad delivers 1000x the throughput of Ethereum—10,000 transactions per second—while maintaining backward-compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts, offering users and developers the best of both worlds.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance, high-reliability, high-value system.
After raising a $19 million seed round backed by Dragonfly Capital, Placeholder Capital, Naval Ravikant, and other leaders in the crypto space, we are hiring a few more exceptional engineers who want to work on challenging and impactful problems in a fast-paced environment.
Monad Labs is looking for a seasoned developer to help drive our performance and efficiency initiatives. You’ll design new features and identify optimizations that advance the system’s limits. You’ll use your knowledge of compiler behavior and architecture to make performance and feature improvements to the blockchain system. Reporting to the CTO, your focus will be on delivering rigorous and quality outputs, driving best practices, from code reviews to code quality improvement. Experience with crypto is not expected.
What You’ll Do
- Innovate new compiler and optimization algorithms
- Bring compiler code to production quality and enable a wide range of applications
- Design and implement compiler support for novel features of our high-performance architecture
- Analyze the performance characteristics of code generated, and design and implement optimizations to improve that performance
Who You Are
- Proven track record in compiler design and system architecture
- Strong background in software engineering principles with a focus on crafting robust and maintainable solutions to challenging problems
- Experience with industry-standard compiler technologies
- Good understanding of testing infrastructure and how to leverage it to test compiler features
- Industry and/or academic experience working on compilers for parallel architectures
- Strong C++ programming skills
Why work with us
- You’ll work on extremely challenging problems with massive impact
- You’ll work with and learn from a small, exceptional team (bios here: https://monad.xyz/team)
- You’ll receive a competitive salary, along with equity
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You’ll be part of a flat, results-driven organization
- Your work will be deeply impactful, enabling much cheaper and more efficient decentralized computation and ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $250,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; insurance coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.