Senior Software Engineer (TEE)
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Security Team. Your task scope will include design and implementation Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs).
This role is full-time with a strong preference for candidates located in the EU.
What You Will Do
- Design and implementation of Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs) in SGX, TDX, SEV-SNP and future technologies
- Conduct independent research in your area of ownership, design, implement, and document solutions, and potentially lead a team
What We Look For In You
- 5+ years in back-end development
- Driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Experience with Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs) like SGX, TDX or SEV-SNP is highly desirable
- Experience with Gramine, Graphene, or other TEE SDKs is a plus
- Fluency in Rust
- Experience with async Rust, tokio, and Rust web frameworks is a plus
- Experience with Go or TypeScript is a plus
- Deep understanding of software engineering best-practices
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
- In-depth knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and their computational and memory complexities
- Experience implementing data structures and algorithms from scratch
- Experience in cryptography/high-load/protocols design is a big plus
- Fluent written and spoken English
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.