Security Operations Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
- Provide systems engineering and operational support for production infrastructure components, including but not limited to our Linux servers, workstation fleet, and SaaS platforms.
- Management of the entire workflow of the fleet security and its automation - from purchase and automated configuration to asset disposal
- Implement monitoring of the key security events, and handle and automate the incident response.
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date SOC IT assets and patch information list, network diagrams, system requests, and processes.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance tasks, e.g., applying critical patches to operating systems, applications, etc.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure smooth operations of all services.
- Coordinate with and manage external vendors for support
- Responsible for the quality, reliability, and availability of the SOC’s infrastructure
- BS in Information security, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline is desirable
- At least 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent practical experience in network and systems administration
- Familiarity with GCP/AWS, Infrastructure as a code concepts
- Strong understanding of technologies such as firewalls, SIEM, MDM
- Scripting or coding skills in one or more general-purpose languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Good technical knowledge in analyzing, troubleshooting, diagnostics & problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of security controls and their integration and implementation with IT components and operations
- Experience in security auditing and best practices (e.g.ITIL, ISO27001, and other disciplines) is desirable
- Certification that supports the above experience and skills would be added advantage.
- Resourceful, take the initiative and ownership at work, and ability to work without supervision, taking personal responsibilities and accountability
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.