Magic simplifies web3 onboarding by providing the most simple solution to access its endless benefits. We help businesses of all sizes build trusted customer relationships like never before.
Magic has seen incredible traction since its founding in 2018, with year-over-year growth exceeding 300%. To date, we’ve created over 25 million wallets in partnership with leading brands like Mattel, Macy’s, 7-Eleven, Beam Suntory, Animoca Brands, Immutable, Xsolla, WalletConnect, Forbes, Synchrony, and Magic Eden. We’ve also raised over $80M from iconic investors such as Paypal Ventures, Tiger Global, Northzone, Placeholder, Cherubic, Lightspeed Ventures, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
We strive to bring a wallet to every internet user – and our team is full of entrepreneurial innovators that are passionate about this mission. Joining Magic means partnering with the best minds in web3 to accomplish our shared goal. In turn, we provide all the support necessary to perform at your highest, from a collaborative culture, opportunity to make a real impact, and the best-in-class benefits.
If you are excited to onboard the next billion users to web3, let’s chat!
We are looking for an outstanding Associate General Counsel or Senior Counsel to own the legal function at Magic. This is an exceptional opportunity to provide leadership and partnership to a company on the frontiers of its next big growth leap. Experience working in house in a commercially focused legal role in a high growth SaaS business is required. This role will report to the COO.
- Draft, review, redline and negotiate commercial agreements, including but not limited to SaaS subscription licensing agreements.
- Guide Magic’s strategy as it pertains to data protection and privacy regimes and other regulations impacting the business, showcasing a keen ability to translate that understanding into SaaS and commercial contract negotiations.
- Help build and improve contract templates and negotiation playbooks and provide internal training to sales and other go-to-market team members to create a frictionless customer contracting experience.
- Become an expert in Magic's product platform, security, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling related to sales contracts. Develop strong relationships with the Sales team and operate as a business partner to close deals.
- Develop and drive comprehensive, long-term legal strategies that balance risk and business objectives, creating efficiencies in the customer acquisition and onboarding processes.
- Collaborate with team members to identify opportunities to centralize knowledge and create scalable processes to expedite communication, alignment, and execution.
- Negotiate deals with third-party vendors related to uptime, responsiveness, support, customized software builds, data infrastructure, intellectual property, security, and more.
- Ensure operational and legal compliance.
- 4-6 years (mid-level to senior associate) of Big Law IP technology transactions experience (IP litigation does not count towards this)
- Enterprise SaaS commercial and sales contract expertise
- Deep experience and understanding of SDK / API tech
- Experience working with PII and data privacy issues
- Preference for core Silicon Valley big law firm experience: e.g., Wilson Sonsini, Fenwick & West, Gunderson & Cooley
- Technical undergraduate degree, especially those with computer science or engineering backgrounds
- Web3 experience
- Crypto experience
- Comprehensive Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Health and Dependent Care FSAs
- Supportive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fully remote team with adaptable work hours
- Competitive compensation with stock option opportunities
- Unlimited vacation days
- Platinum-tier Health, Vision, and Dental coverage with 99% premium coverage
- Inclusive 401(k) offering
- Premium equipment for your professional needs
- Monthly stipend of $300 for home workspace enhancements and ongoing learning
- Generous 16-week paid parental leave
- Family planning resources with a $5,000 lifetime reimbursement via Maven
- Memorable annual team gatherings
- Performance-based discretionary bonuses
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the position. However, please note that we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment. Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.