Senior IT Engineer
As a Senior IT Engineer, your mission is to uphold the technological backbone of our remote first organization, ensuring that our hardware and software landscape is not only seamless but also secure and scalable. Operating as the sole IT expert, you will navigate the delicate balance between hands-on technical support and strategic planning. Your role involves actively contributing to our overall IT strategy, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, and optimizing the utilization of key SaaS services.
What You Will Do
- Provide technical support to end-users, troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Manage SSO, idP, user accounts, permissions, and access controls.
- Assist in developing and managing the IT budget, working closely with the finance team to streamline payments.
- Work closely with Agoric leadership to contribute to the ongoing development and execution of the overall IT strategy.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for IT systems and processes.
- Ensure documentation is up-to-date and accessible to relevant team members.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand their specific technology needs.
- Evaluate, select, and manage relationships with IT vendors and service providers.
- Config & maintain SaaS services.
- Establish, measure, and define IT goals and maintain an IT roadmap.
- Manage development projects to integrate new technologies into existing systems.
- Participate in defining and implementing security policies to protect company information and resources.
- Support employee on/offboarding.
- Other IT responsibilities that may be required
What we look for in you
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience working in IT operations, ideally in a fully remote organization.
- Experience as the only IT person in an organization. You will report to our Director of HR and collaborate closely with our VP of Engineering.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Technologies we need you to know: Mac, Google Workspace, GitHub, Zoom, Slack, 1Password, SSO & idP experience (Okta/OneLogin/Cloudflare/etc.)
- Technologies we’d like you to know: HappyFox,, Notion, Google Cloud
Agoric is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Agoric does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.